To celebrate this incredible moment in Australian history, Sydney’s top wedding businesses and suppliers have come together to put on Australia’s First Gay Wedding valued at a massive $38,170
And it could be yours!!!
How to enter
- Head to the www.firstgaywedding.com website and tell us in 500 words or less why you would like to win this incredible wedding!
- Upload images of you and your partner
- Carefully read all the terms and conditions prior to entry
- The competition will open on date 16 November 2017
- The competition will close on date 7 December 2017 at 5pm AEDT.
- A shortlist will be determined
- A shortlist will be determined from all entries submitted
- The shortlist will be announced on date 8 December 2017
- The winning couple will be announced TBA.
- The winning couple will be chosen from the shortlisted finalists by judges decision.
- Special note: If the Australian Parliament fails to legislate Marriage Equality by date 7 December 2017, (Or by the end of this term of parliament, whichever happens first) the competition and the offered prizes will be withdrawn
Who can enter
- The competition is open to same-sex couples only
- The competition is also open to same-sex couples who have previously had a commitment ceremony and would like to normalise their marriage vows
- All entrants must be over the age of 18 years
- At least one of the people within the couple must be an Australian resident
- All entrants must meet the criteria in which to be legally married in Australia (given the law once it has been enacted)
- The wedding will be held in Sydney, Australia on a nominated date
- Should the winning couple not live in Sydney, they will be required to travel at their own expense to Sydney to claim the prize
- The prize cannot be transferred to a third party
- The prize cannot be redeemed in cash
- Each individual prize is for use on the wedding day only. These cannot be used for any other day.
- The wedding will be a historic event and there is expected to be media and interest and coverage of the wedding. The winning couple, their wedding party and guests will be required to sign a media disclosure form before the wedding.
- The contact details of all entrants will be shared with each supplier/prize giver (who can expect to be contacted with promotional material from suppliers time to time.)
- All shortlisted couples agree that the media (may/will) contact them for promotional stories/images/filming to be used for promotional purposes in the lead up to the announcement of the winning couple
- The winning couple agree that images and video footage from the wedding can be used in the media and for promotional purposes by each supplier/prize giver
The Date of the Wedding
- The timing of the wedding will be determined once the marriage laws are passed/changed in Australia to allow same-sex couples to wed. It is unsure exactly when these laws will take effect, however, it is estimated this could take upwards of 12 weeks. Lisa Parker, the Marriage Celebrant will keep the organisers and the winning couple up to date on progress. As soon as we are able to, we hope to conduct Australia’s First Gay Wedding.
- If passed by parliament on December 7th 2017, the first available date would be January 8th (Couples must give atleast 1 months notice to celebrants) We would expect the wedding would occur within the month from the 8th of January 2018.
- The organisers will consult with the winning couple and all suppliers/prize givers in determining the date of the wedding. Ultimately, the wedding date will be set by the organisers.
- It is likely the wedding could take place on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday as these days are off-peak for wedding suppliers.
- The prizes offered are subject to the availability of each supplier as suppliers may already be fully booked on the date of the wedding due to confirmed forward bookings.
The Prize: Total Value $36,170
- Use of the Outdoor Pier at Pier One Sydney as location for the wedding ceremony. (Valued at $5,000.)
- Zest Waterfront Venues, The Spit, Mosman venue will provide a credit voucher to go towards your dream wedding reception(Valued at $8,000)
- Accommodation for the married couple at The Pier One Hotel in the Habour View Valcony Suite for one night. (Valued at $2,000.)
- Kombi Weddings will pick you up from the Sydney hotel, take you to the ceremony, be available for photos and take you to the Zest Waterfront Venues, The Spit for the reception. Max 10 passengers. (Valued at $1,800)
- Marriage Celebrant, Lisa Parker will perform the ceremony and guide you through the formalities of the wedding (Valued at $1,080)
- Little Lane Events will style the ceremony and reception venues (Valued at $5,400)
- Wedding flowers by Japonica Weddings (Valued at $1,500)
- Balloons by Beaches Balloons. (Valued at $500).
- The Love Sign will provide The Love Sign for the ceremony and either the Mr & Mr or Mrs & Mrs lights for reception. (Valued $1,050.)
- A two-tier wedding cake by Distinctive Cakes (Valued at $600)
- Wedding photography services by Katsu Photography (6-hour coverage valued at $1,800)
- DnM Wedding Films will be there to capture your happiest moments by filming the ceremony and speeches (Valued at $1,695)
- Event Entertainers will provide the weddings ceremony music (Valued at $3,620)
- Peter Trends Bridal have offered (a voucher) towards a wedding dress (Valued at $2,000)
- 3 Hour Photo Booth Hire by Flashback Photobooth which includes unlimited single prints for 3 hours. (Valued at $650.)
- Hair and Make-up services by Rose from My Addiction Make-Up for both Bride and Bridesmaid (Valued at $600)
- MC Services provided by Mr Gay Pride Australia 2017, David Francis (Valued at $1,200)
- HF Wedding Cars will take you back to your hotel at the end of the reception (Valued at $275)
- Prizes are not redeemable in cash and are non-transferable. If the winning couple decides they do not wish to use a prize, no refunds will be given.
- Each supplier will be in direct contact with the winning couple to assist with the booking
- The winning couple may be required to sign a written contract with some suppliers to confirm the booking
- The prizes given by each supplier is limited. If you require more than what is offered by the suppliers, you should contact the relevant supplier who can help you arrange additional products or services at your own expense
The winning couple will need to start preparations straight away!
- Contact Lisa Parker, the Marriage Celebrant who will help collate documentation. Documents such as birth certificates will need to be ready, as well as possibly any international paperwork. The Notice of Intent to Marry needs to be signed one month prior to the wedding
- Contact each supplier/prize giver who will assist you with the wedding preparations
- Remember, the prizes given by each supplier is limited. If you require more than what is offered by the suppliers, you should contact the relevant supplier who can help you arrange additional products or services at your own expense