ex-boyfriend of missing man Jesse Baird hands himself into police
2 min read

Updated 3pm AEDT

The police officer ex-boyfriend of one of the two missing Sydney men has been charged with two counts of murder after he handed himself into police on Friday.

Beau Lamarre, an off-duty senior constable attached to a specialist command, who had been in a relationship with Jesse Baird, presented to Bondi Police Station at 10.30am on Friday.


He was taken to Waverley Police Station where he was arrested and charged with two counts of murder over the disappearance of his TV reporter ex-boyfriend and his lover, after the weapon allegedly used was identified.

The man was refused bail to appear before Waverley Local Court today.

It is alleging the two men were killed using a police firearm and then their bodies were disposed of in the Grays Point area of Sydney, somewhere near the Royal National Park.

It is believed the police officer hired a white van from Mascot on Monday night and moved the bodies of the two men that night. Their bodies are yet to be found.

The ongoing investigations are following police appealing for information into the suspicious disappearance of a Sydney gay couple after possessions of the two men were found in a skip bin and blood stains were found in the home of one of the men.

The two men, former TV presenter Jesse Baird, 26, and Qantas flight attendant Luke Davies, 29, have not been seen or heard from since Tuesday.

General duties constable Beau Lamarre previously dated Mr Baird and police have been told by relatives that their break-up was “bitter”. Late on Thursday night a warrant was served on Lamarre’s family property in Sydney’s inner-west suburb of Balmain and officers seized a number of items.

Alarm raised

The alarm was raised on Wednesday after their possessions and blood stains were found in a skip bin in the southern Sydney suburb of Cronulla. Among the clothing was a credit card belonging to Davies, an $8000 watch and some personal items linked to Baird.

Following inquiries, police then attended the home of Baird in the inner eastern suburb of Paddington, 20 kilometres from Cronulla, and after entering the property they found signs of a scuffle, broken furniture and a significant “amount” of blood in Baird’s apartment and immediately established a crime scene.


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Luke Davies (@lukebrycedavies)

Police have confirmed Baird’s mobile phone was active on Tuesday night when text messages were sent to friends and his social media accounts were used.

This had led police to think Baird was alive, and that possibly Davies had met with foul play, given the amount of blood found.

Detectives received information though on Thursday afternoon from the family of Baird suggesting he had been in a bitter break-up with the NSW police officer. Friends have also said Baird had recently talked about having a stalker.

Bank accounts of the two men have not been touched and their three cars were still in the streets surrounding the Paddington home of Baird.

A large white van seen in the street on Monday night is a vehicle of interest and police won’t rule out this is involved in some way.

Detectives will continue to look at all past relationships and associations.

Anyone with information relevant to the investigation – should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.


Last Updated on Feb 23, 2024

The news team for Gay Nation love tips from our readers. Got tips or a news story that you would like published? Go here to tell us something.
Visit the Gay Nation store Now