Backing up his recent haul of ARIA trophies, Troye Sivan has now been named as Australia GQ Magazine’s Man of the Year for 2023.
GQ Australia celebrated the 15th GQ Men of the Year Awards at a black-tie event at Bondi Pavilion. The award are held to recognise and celebrate extraordinary people who have achieved success and continually raise the bar in their chosen field.
The 28 year old, South African-born, Perth-raised, Melbourne-based Sivan added the Man of the Year award to his four ARIAs for Song of the Year, Best Solo Artist, Best Engineered Release and Best Produced Release. He also has the Grammy Awards still to come where he is nominated for two awards, Best Music Video and Best Pop Dance Recording.
Sivan received his award from none other than American actor Ross Lynch, star of Sivan’s viral music video for ‘One of Your Girls’.
GQ Australia editor-in-chief Jake Millar said the Men of the Year Awards are a reminder of just how much talent we have in this country, across the arts, entertainment, sport, music, fashion, philanthropy and more.
“No one has had a bigger year than Aussie sensation Troye Sivan,” Millar said.
“Not only did he release his acclaimed third album, which won four ARIA Awards and received two Grammy nominations, but he has appeared on screen, on the fashion runway, and even found time to release his own successful lifestyle brand.
“It’s why Sivan is not simply one of the country’s most accomplished creatives but is a truly deserving winner of our 2023 GQ Man of the Year.”
View this post on Instagram
Sivan was joined on the night by a raft of Australian overachievers, including The Matildas, deserving winners of our Team of the Year for their incredible FIFA Women’s World Cup performance. Sportsman of the Year was won by Penrith NRL star Nathan Cleary and Social Force was won by Robert Irwin.
Winners of the 2023 GQ Men of the Year Awards in association with BOSS:
1. GQ MAN OF THE YEAR – TROYE SIVAN
2. WOMEN OF FILM – RILEY KEOUGH AND GINA GAMMELL
3. INTERNATIONAL SENSATION – NOAH BECK
4. SOCIAL FORCE – ROBERT IRWIN
5. BREAKTHROUGH MUSICIAN OF THE YEAR – EDDIE BENJAMIN
6. TEAM OF THE YEAR – THE MATILDAS
7. AUSTRALIAN ICON – ADAM BRIGGS
8. SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR – NATHAN CLEARY
9. MODEL OF THE YEAR – JAMES PARR
10. CREATIVE FORCE – DION LEE
11. ARTIST OF THE YEAR – OTIS HOPE CAREY
12. ACTOR OF THE YEAR – ZOE TERAKES
13. BREAKTHROUGH ACTOR OF THE YEAR – SAM RECHNER
14. SOLO ARTIST OF THE YEAR – DOM DOLLA
15. BREAKTHROUGH SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR – REECE WALSH
Supporting partners of the 2023 GQ Men of the Year Awards include BOSS Parfums, Hennessy, Jaguar and Ovolo Hotels.
For coverage from the 2023 GQ Men of the Year black-tie awards event go here.
Last Updated on Dec 7, 2023