As the Mr Gay Pride Australia competition heads toward its 2022 finale this weekend at Rainbow on the Plains Festival in Hay NSW, nine judges have been announced to help select this year’s winner.
From all corners of the media, government and the LGBTI community, this year’s six outstanding finalists are sure to be put through their paces before one is crowned, Mr Gay Pride Australia 2022.
This year’s judges include
- Brookly Ross, Newsreader, Kyle & Jackie O Breakfast Show, KIIS FM
- Christine Forster, former City of Sydney Councillor and Marriage Equality Campaigner
- Cr Jenny Dwyer, Hay Shire Councillor
- David Francis, 2017 Mr Gay Pride Australia & Co-Producer MGPA 2022
- Justin Hill, TV Presenter and former Mr Gay Pride Australia contestant
- Kerri Mijok, Rainbow on the Plains Board Member
- Rad Mitic, Mr Gay Pride Australia winner in 2019
- Tony Richens, Co-Producer MGPA 2022
The 2022 competition which is proudly sponsored by Trustpilot, Gay Nation, Cass Brothers, Midnight Mischief, Panasonic and Rainbow on the Plains has, for the first time, had a seminar series for the delegates before the main portion of challenges.
The seminars included advice on leadership, public speaking, social media and involved The Hon Tanya Plibersek, Minister for the Environment and Water, Christine Forster, Justin Hill, Will Miller and reigning champion Rad Mitic.
The six finalists who represent towns and cities from all over Australia will be judged on attributes that include Leadership, Relatability, Communication, and their ability to Engage with the wider LGBTI community.
The 2022 Mr Gay Pride Australia will be announced at a Gala event at the Rainbow on the Plains Festival on Saturday night.
Last Updated on Nov 25, 2022